The latest Brownfields Program strives in order to meet it relationship and you will improve environmental fairness and you may equity considerations towards the every aspect of their work
EPA’s Brownfields System together with enhances President Biden’s Justice40 Initiative to direct 40 % of the overall benefits of certain Government assets so you can disadvantaged organizations.
The second communities within the Mainehave already been picked to get EPA Brownfields investment from the Useful, Comparison, Revolving Loan Loans, and Clean (s
- Androscoggin Area Council of Governments , regarding Auburn, Myself, has been selected to get $five hundred,one hundred thousand getting good Brownfields Review Grantmunitywide grant financing would-be used in order to carry out environmental webpages tests and develop clean and you can revitalization arrangements, and assistance area outreach circumstances. The target section for this give is the metropolitan areas out-of Lewiston and you may Auburn. Priority internet sites is empty and underutilized tons inside the Lewistown’s the downtown area center and you can a former automobile mechanic shop inside downtown Auburn.
- The metropolis out of Augusta might have been chosen to receive $five-hundred,100000 having an effective Brownfields Research Grantmunity-broad offer money will be accustomed make environmental site tests and you may society outreach facts plus get ready tidy up and you may revitalization plans. Top priority internet are the 57,330-square-foot APGAR Strengthening, which is a former pure cotton and you will fabric manufacturing facility, together with previous Carey’s Human body Shop.
- The metropolis out-of Bangor has been selected for $897,850 to possess a good Brownfields Clean up Offer. Offer financing could well be familiar with cleanup Building #610 found on the Bangor International airport (BIA) assets in the 287 Godfrey Boulevard. The site is now polluted with inorganic pollution, heavy gold and silver, shape, erratic normal substances, semi-unstable organic compounds, PCBs, and per-and you may poly-fluoroalkyl substances (PFAS). Grant finance will be employed to make society wedding factors.
- The city off Caribou could have been picked to get $900,100 to own good Brownfields Cleanup Grant. Offer financing might possibly be familiar with cleanup the 3.2-acre Caribou Diesel Electric power Plant and you can Outbuildings at 142 All the way down Lyndon Street. Your website is contaminated with waste oil and you will harmful compounds, along with stored diesel, lube oils, spend oil, spend oils-polluted drinking water, sludge, antifreeze, degreaser/solvent, and liquids cures chemical. Give financing will also be employed to conduct area engagement situations.
- The town of Eastern Millinocket could have been chosen to get $five-hundred,100 for an excellent Brownfields Review Grantmunity-wide give funds might possibly be familiar with perform ecological web site examination, ready yourself clean up agreements, and run society engagement issues. The prospective region of it offer was the downtown area East Millinocket. Concern websites become an old paper mill and a former vehicle fix station.
- Relatives of the Boat College ent Firm, away from Eastport Me, could have been chosen to receive $675,000 to have an excellent Brownfields Cleaning Grant. Give loans might be accustomed clean up the brand new 8.4-acre Maine Aquatic Technical Cardiovascular system assets during the sixteen Deep Cove Highway in town regarding Eastport. Groundwater during the home is currently polluted with step 1,2-Dichloroethane. PCBs, mercury, solvents, oil things, and inorganic product have been discovered contained in this property towards the assets. Give loans also will be used to would area outreach and you will wedding situations together with social conferences and social network posts.
- The city off Lincoln might have been chosen to receive $750,100 to possess an excellent Brownfields Tidy up Give. Offer funds might possibly be accustomed tidy up the new 58-acre Package 2–Lincoln Pulp & Tissue site at the 50 Katahdin Avenue, which consist beside the Penobscot Lake. The website is now contaminated with big precious metals, per- and you may polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS), inorganic toxic contamination, and you can unpredictable all-natural hydrocarbons. Offer finance will also be employed to manage clean up products and run social conferences.
- The town off Millinocket has been chose to receive $five hundred,100 for a great Brownfields Investigations Grantmunity-greater grant money might be used to perform environment webpages examination, build clean arrangements, https://besthookupwebsites.org/interracial-cupid-review/ and support society outreach factors. The target region of that it offer is actually Millinocket’s The downtown area and you can Central Road Passageway. Top priority websites tend to be an empty inactive cleaner studio, a former high school, and you can a former vehicles resolve facility.